What separates an Ubertor site from other providers is our ability to cater to your Real Estate needs. With our control panel making it easy to showcase your listings, are you marketing them to their fullest potential?
Many of our users ask us – “How we do maximize your tools to market our feature properties online?” – well, the answer is below.
Here are some tips on some functions you should be taking advantage of:
1. Photos – this is a no-brainer. How else are you showcasing your lovely property without visual evidence of how wonderful it is? Make sure all the special features of the property are highlighted by taking photographs of them! Also, take a quick read through our old post on how to make sure your listing photos are helping, and not hindering, your sale here. (Tip: Splurge and use HD professional photos – you won’t regret it.)
2. Info, info, info! The more information you provide about your property, the more potential buyers are able to evaluate whether it is their dream house. It also eliminates the feeling that you’re trying to hide relevant info. (Tip: Try to fill in all the fields on our easy-to-use form.)
3. Detailed Description - in this short description, you’re expected to make it sound like the best property in the world. If you have any skills in sales/marketing writing, now’s the time to whip it out. (Tip: Or, just make sure you don’t make these common mistakes.)
4. Map – as part of our system, listings you upload should automatically have a map to illustrate where the property is. Extremely useful for visitors to find where it’s located and to check out the surrounding area! (Tip: You can fix an incorrect location by manual override through the ‘Map’ tab in a listing.)
5. Extra files – like the X-Files, but not. You can upload any relevant documents (floor plans or strata documents) through the ‘Extras’ tab in a listing. More information never hurts! (Tip: Rename the tab title to reflect the content on the right!)
6. Virtual tour – this increases in effort, but with modern trends of the video consumer generation, it’s imperative to keep up. (Tip: You can easily link a Youtube video or your own video link using the ‘V360’ or ‘Video’ tabs in a listing.)
7. Dominate with domains – one way to rank higher in search engines for your property is to purchase a domain for it. After all, it’ll be picked up as highly relevant that the domain actually contains the address (ie. 123sesamestreet.com)! (Tip: Use the ‘Mini-Site’ tab to add a specific domain for your listing.)
8. Social media – enable social media buttons for your listing so visitors are able to like, share, or tweet it! Never hurts to get the word around. (Tip: Go to Marketing > Social Networks in your control panel for this feature.)
9. Blog – in line with the previous tip, blogging activity always generate momentum for your property. Luckily for you, all Ubertor sites automatically post for you every time you upload a new listing, have an open house, or sell a listing! (Tip: Go to Listings > Options > Auto-Blog to edit the standard templates for what the auto blog says.)
10. Add-ons that count – Add tools to your listing that provide more value to your visitor and potential buyers. An example would be “Walk Score”. Walk Score provides a rank towards your property, in relation to how good its surroundings are: What type of transportation choices are nearby? What shops and parks are close by? What are the travel times from my location?
If someone is looking to buy a property in an area you’re selling in, this information is highly valuable!
11. Feature – last but not least, feature the property on your homepage! To get maximum exposure, have it be the first thing visitors to your website see. (Tip: Select yes under ‘Feature this Property’ on your listing.)
Hit all 11 points in this article, and we’re sure you’ll hit success with your feature property!
As always, if you run into any questions while working on your website, engage our uber friendly team via our Live Help!
The market update for June 2014 from the Victoria Real Estate Board is here and we’ve made an infographic to help you understand the statistics… Enjoy!
The infographic we made for the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) was such a hit, we decided to create one for the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB) as well. The market update for June 2014 from the Calgary Real Estate Board is here and we’ve made an infographic to help you understand the statistics… Enjoy!
To keep visitors visually engaged, many web designs choose to hook them with an outstanding centerpiece – the banner. Here are a selection of sites that display the variety of ways the banner is the star of the site!
The Joy Bagga Team is utilizing the good ol’ widescreen flash banner which is standard for showcasing different high quality images to entice the visitor. They’ve chosen earthly colors to frame the site but still manage to bring an elegant style to the look.
On the other hand, the Stone Sisters are deviating from the typical look, and going for a banner that brings all the most important elements to the forefront. Containing portraits of the Stone Sisters’ sunny demeanor, they prove they are the best ad for themselves. And right in the banner are their featured listings and a quick link, getting straight down to business.
The three musketeers team for Arizona Perspective are taking the widescreen flash banner to the next level with its amazing slideshow of photos. This American site by Limelight Marketing sure knows how to maximize its advantages.
Another great example of an engaging dynamic banner is Clive and Steve’s site, also designed and crafted by Limelight Marketing. Not only do the widescreen banner images transition into each other with special effects, but the tag lines also jump out at visitors.
Last but definitely not least is Sandra Miller’s wonderful concoction of a site. Why not just use the entire flash banner as a sliding background? And boom, there you have it! With bright call-to-action buttons smack in the middle and featured listings underneath, Sandra’s got it covered for buyers and sellers alike.
The monthly market update for June 2014 from the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver is up and we’ve made an infographic to help you understand the statistics… Enjoy!
In this week’s series of marvelous Ubertor sites, I’ve identified a common design theme of the “boxy look”. Contrary to the recent trend of widescreen designs that stretch from end to end, these websites play off of a look that’s been tried and true. Let’s take a look at these sites that aim to bring their focus front and center!
First off is a niche site of Anthony Caspillo’s that is showcasing the Aquarius complexes in Yaletown. The landing page immediately presents you with a double whammy – the faded building in the background as well as the four buildings in the center. And this is only the beginning of clicking into the well-designed site that manages to bring beauty and functionality together effortlessly.
Craig Adam is not losing out in any way with his dynamic site, set with a moving sky background. It is one well-kept and organized site with plenty of call-to-actions to keep visitors engaged – even the menu tabs come with their own little icons! To individualize itself, this site is definitely thinking out of the box (pun intended).
Next up is Colin Doig’s classy site. Without being too overbearing at all, it still manages to wow visitors with its colorful flash banner. The beautiful imagery is wonderfully contrasted by its black background and this site manages to make the boxy look darn good.
The gray-toned Gossling Kennedy site decides to go with an elegant feel through stylistic touches by the designers. It’s simplistic and user-friendly – right along the lines of how a modern website should be nowadays!
Ali Landucci’s site is the epitome of the boxy look – fully embracing the hard angles by turning it into a masterpiece of puzzle-like components. The different images fit together seamlessly, creating a web mosaic.
Last month’s market update for May 2014 from the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver is up and we’ve made an infographic to help you understand the statistics… Enjoy!
With globalization and the trend of multiculturalism, the need to effectively communicate in more than one language has become increasingly important. Right now, simply being bilingual immediately puts you at an advantage not only in person, but on the web as well! Check out how these Realtors have chosen to expand their market beyond the normal language barrier, using Ubertor.
Manyee Lui is on top of her game with not only one extraordinary site, but triple the effect with one in English, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese as well. It’s no easy feat to maintain such high quality service, and not surprising at all that she has a team to cater to such high end clients.
Classy black never goes wrong; such as on Kevin Chen’s multilingual sites. Striving to be informative in English, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese, Kevin make sure that his sites are easy to navigate for the user no matter the language background.
One thing about creating bilingual sites is the fact they seem as if they’re the exact same site. Take a look at John Xing’s site for example, and note how the English site transforms into its Chinese version seamlessly simply by clicking on its respective button.
Next up is Sylvia Shen’s stylish web design displayed on an English, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese site. Its modernistic look is sure to appeal to a wide crowd on any language level. Sylvia has taken a brave step in reaching out to her potential clients.
Last but not least is Alex Sun with his fresh new site just off the press. Although his Chinese site hasn’t been updated with Chinese translations yet (it’s in the works), the site is ready and primed for its important undertaking.
If you’re ready to take the next step in expanding your business with a bilingual Realtor website, contact our very talented Approved Vendors, or contact Ubertor directly, and we’d be happy to discuss how you can get started.
You can also check out our past “5 Ubertor Sites We’re Enjoying” below:
Welcome to the business of the 21st century. Real Estate has never been as satisfying as ever in our country. With more and more professionals ready to take on the challenges that this industry can bring, the opportunity to succeed got a whole lot easier with technology.
The industry of Real Estate used to struggle in the last five years. Primarily, the economic recession and housing bubble threatened the entire industry. Although we did see a great loss of jobs and people being placed in a financial crisis, a survey shows that Real Estate workers are actually quite satisfied with their profession. There is a wave of new technologies paving the way for their success, meaning success for anyone looking to rent, buy, or sell Real Estate.
One of the major changes we’ve seen in our rapidly changing world is the use of mobile tools like laptops, iPad’s, tablets, and smartphones. Simply put, these tools allow us to leverage our time and help access information at anytime, anywhere. Real Estate agents are not the ones to sit behind a screen all day! They are out on the road constantly. As a result of having this information more readily available, we end up increasing the quantity of sales since our consumers are using mobile tools more than ever to search for new homes at increasing rates.
For a while, the biggest gap in the industry was searching for listings on the web. With the technology advancements made and at your fingertips, consumers are able to access Real Estate listings, and with more targeted searches. Mobile has been a catalyst of speeding up this entire process. Along with increased search efficiency comes accessibility. Agents and consumers have access to all of this technology; however, at times it can also be overwhelming. The real hurdle to jump over is getting all these wonderful tools that will elevate your performance working simultaneously in a seamless way for your consumers. Nevertheless, Real Estate technology is making deals happen more smoothly, making customer’s lives easier, and driving more business in the form of referrals.
How does Ubertor add value to the process of technology making its mark on Real Estate?
Ubertor is extremely user friendly and allows you to create a website that specializes in your industry. Along with a team of staff that makes you feel that you have a whole team available to you, it is like being in business for yourself but not by yourself. You are enabled to focus on Real Estate and do what you were meant to do while Ubertor gives you a hand up on technology.
Our Approved Vendors are available at a clients convenience as well, to help you with any of your online markerting needs. Wether it be content writing, designing a new website, or even professional SEO services for your website – our team of vendors are qualified and vetted by Ubertor to ensure you only get the best service.
Using the Ubertor backend is as easy to use as a click of a button and being affiliated with Real Estate boards allows auto integration of listings that truly does provide quite an advantage. With blog posts being automatic and tremendously easy to update, really easy social media integration, and our mobile friendly for on-the-go templates, there’s not much you can really worry about when you work with us.
As the Real Estate industry takes advantage of today’s best technologies, its greatest purpose is delivering the information customers need, exactly when they need it — Ubertor is spectacular for bringing agents closer to their clients and improving the Real Estate process overall.