Here are 7 Website No No’s for non Ubertors. Take a moment to check out your website. If you decide that you want to see what the Uber fuss is about, take Ubertor for a spin here.
1. No Splash Pages – Internet users are in too much of a rush to be slowed down by your splash page.
2. Login Required – These days, internet users are too savy to give up their real email address. They will just go elsewhere to find the information they are looking for or give you an email address that they use for login required sites.
3. Canned Content – Get rid of it. Take the time to write your own content. Your website visitors will love you for it.
4. Flash – As a minimal accent to your website it is great, if more than 15% of your site is in Flash you have a search engine problem.
5. Version – If your website asks the user what version of your website they would like to see. Like Flash, HTML, Low Bandwidth, High… you lose. If your website doesnâ€™t show up immediately and deliver your message right away itâ€™s pretty hard to keep people along for the ride.
6. Firefox – If your website does not work in Firefox… look into it. Firefox accounts for 35% of internet users. Don’t know what Firefox is? check it out here… it is a big step up from Internet Explorer.
7. Sitemap – Do you see a sitemap on your website? Google says “Offer a site map to your users with links that point to the important parts of your site.” Don’t have one? Better get on it.