I’m at a real estate tech meetup tonight with The Vancouver’s Sun’s managing editor Kirk LaPointe and the issues we’ll be talking about are ones we grapple with every day and ones that are constantly changing:
* Getting on the media’s radar
* How The Vancouver Sun uses social media and online tools
* The future of the news/reporting business
Fitting our talk should come as Rupert Murdoch, chairman of the News Corp media empire is in talks to remove his newspapers’ stories from Google’s search engine.
Read the whole story over at the VancouverSun.com
Reachd.com’s step by step web marketing courses are coming to Victoria, British Columbia. Starting in December, you can attend Reachd’s Social Media, Blogging and Online Video courses on Vancouver Island.
Interested in attending:
Here is a quick video that I shot just after meeting with a couple of real estate agents interested in working more on their business than in their business.
I mentioned in the video that I would post some links below, but instead, here is an article that breaks down some of the tools that we use.
Interested in learning more about my new book Sociable! ? More details here http://www.sociablebook.com
Get expert advice from an Ubertor specialist on how to use the basics of the system. This is a great start for all new Ubertor users eager to learn how to begin maximizing their website for the most return. This is a live guided tour of Ubertor’s control panel – so if you’re on the fences about Ubertor’s software, click in and join the tour. See how easy it is to get a website up and running.
Upcoming Live Tour Dates are labeled below.
Join in 2 easy steps (Live Tour is FREE):
1. Register for the Live Tour on November 24, 2009 @ 10:00 AM PST using the widget below, OR simply click on this LINK at the time of the LIVE TOUR and JOIN!
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Access Code: 823727
The live tour will go over the following topics:
1. Logging into your control panel (1 minute)
2. The Dashboard – Overview of cool tools to get your site running (9 minutes)
Take a moment to check out Lego’s “Digital Box”, an Augmented Reality Kiosk (via www.web-strategist.com):
Do you think this type of technology will make its way into the real estate space? Any ideas?
This video showcases several Social Media ROI examples along with other effective Social Media Strategies. Take a moment to watch this 4:15 video: